WELCOME BACK KDF DANCERS AND TUMBLERS!
After a long and frustrating wait to resume offering our dance and tumbling classes, we are ready to go. Classes for the new 2020-2021 Dance/Tumbling Season will start on September 14th! We believe that it is best to start at the same time the region’s schools start back up, so unlike some other area studios, we delayed our re-opening until a week after Labor Day. This will give our dancers time to absorb the new school policies and procedures while giving us time to make sure that we follow the same Covid-19 rules and safety protocols.
Our new 2020-2021 Class Schedule and our new 2020-2021 Pricing Chart is now available on our WebSite www.kelseysdance.com. We have a great selection of classes and times. Our TWO locations, Plum and Harmar, give our customers tremendous flexibility in scheduling classes. The studios are only 15-20 minutes apart, so feel free to take advantage of both studios’ class offerings. Of note, our Plum facility is well known for its state-of-the-art tumbling/acro studio room. Unlike other studios who simply toss gym mats onto a hard floor, our tumbling floor is “raised” with properly designed cushioning that is much safer and easier on the knees and other joints of our young, aspiring tumblers!
Our new pricing for the 2020-21 season is, across the board, LOWER than last year’s prices! First of all, we have eliminated the tumbling/gym “add-on fee” of $8/month as we will have an overall lower cost structure this year and we are passing those savings on to you. All of our classes, both tumbling and dance, have Tuition prices that are significantly lower than last year. This year, our Tuition Payment Plan will be spread over 9 months (versus 10 months last year). This will make it appear as though the monthly tuition has increased. However, there are only 9 payments…so multiply it by 9 instead of 10 and you will readily see that it is lower than what you paid last year. This lower pricing effort covers all categories/all classes including tumbling/acro, dance and Company team fees. Family discounts are more generous with discounts ranging from 20% to 55% depending on the number of total family hours of class time. Parents and dancers will also see lower Tuition applicable to the Company competition team and the KDF Performance team.
Something NEW this year: As we convert to a more dancer-friendly studio, our intention is to focus more on our recreational kids….kids that just want to have fun!! We have established a “Performance Team” that will encourage participation and be much more of a fun experience for our dancers that do not want to be caught up in the extensive training of competitions. Our Performance Team will not require tryouts. The sole requirement is that the dancer enjoys being a dancer! This group will be designed to build character, improve teamwork skills and just overall create a fun-filled atmosphere! The team will get involved in parades, carnivals and other community-oriented activities.
Thank you for your past support! We look forward to the return of our KDF family and your continued support this season. Our teachers and support staff promise to make this a fun and fulfilling season!
We hope that you all are as excited as we are to return to somewhat normal…having your child be a part of a fun studio where they can learn and grow with their lifelong friends is something we will be working hard to recreate.
KDF is committed to making your return to the studio a happy, safe and productive one for each and every one of our students.
KDF will follow these precautions to ensure safety, cleanliness, and comfort for all of our dance families:
- Class Sizes will be limited & Class Times will be adjusted to minimize the number of people in the building.
- Masks are required when arriving and walking through the building.
- Masks are optional when dancing.
- We will be doing temperature checks upon arrival.
- Dancers 7 & Up must be dropped off and picked up.
- Dancers 6 & Under may have one parent/grandparent/guardian in the lobby or waiting areas during class times.
- Young dancers are encouraged to use the restroom at home before coming to class.
- Restrooms will be sanitized between use.
- All dancers should bring their own labeled water bottles, hand towel, hand sanitizer, and band-aids.
- Social Distancing Practices will be utilized during dance classes. Studios are marked for students.
- Studio floors & Ballet Barres will be cleaned between all classes.
- No Prop Procedures: Props will not be utilized during dance classes for the time being.
Please have your dancer stay home IF:
1. She/He is feeling ill with any symptoms such as fever, chills, runny nose, cough, sore throat, etc.
2. A family member in the same household or one in which there is frequent contact is symptomatic, ill, or has tested positive for Covid-19.
3. She/He has traveled to any Covid-19 "hot spot" location. Dancer should quarantine for 14 days.
4. She/He has tested positive for Covid-19, then the dancer must quarantine for 14 days before returning to the studio.